Monday, February 28, 2011

PIT BULL TERRIERS

Hi Everyone.

I have an apology to make. I have always made the statement "blame the deed not the breed" and I was reading through some of the literature for Paws Abilities school - in particular the school rules and I realised that I had included a really stupid rule. The rule states that "all pit bull terriers will be muzzled when on the school grounds - no exceptions". Now I must tell you that I have never enforced that rule unless a dog (of any breed) would present a danger to other dogs or people.

If I am honest - I included the rule in case I needed to muzzle a potentialy dangerous dog. Not thinking (as with me is often the case) that it could ever be an issue.

Anyway it has come to my notice that some individuals perceive that I am anti pitbull, where in fact - nothing is further from the truth! We regularly have the breed in our early puppy education group and our other group lessons and I can state that each dog is evaulated on its own merit just as I would with any dog! I find them a really handsome breed asthetically - love the build and look, and generally have found them to be fun to work with, intellegent and have really had little problems with them in the school environment.Again I reitorate - no more problems than I have had with any other breed!

So please accept my apologies if it appeared that I am anti ANY breed of dog and I am sorry if there was any kind of misunderstanding.

My motto is BLAME THE DEED - NOT THE BREED

I might add that in over 35 years of working with dogs - I have been bitten more times by toy breeds than any of the fighting breeds.

Hope that clears up any feelings that I am anti dog!

Regards
Lou

No comments: